[pygtk] Setting lower/upper bounds on an adjustment

Scott F. Johnston scott@fleetingimage.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:53:26 -0700

I need to take control of the bounds of an adjustment.
I'm finding that the widgets that are tied to the adjustment
keep resetting the values, giving me behavior that I don't want.

Is there a way of forcing "lower, upper, pagesize" etc. after
the adjustment has been created?
What actions cause the adjustment values to be updated
and where is a programmer supposed to insert an override?
(setting the size of a drawing area?, resizing the window?)

It looks like once I learn which signals to trap and where
to put the changes, I'll have to add wrappers to pygtk to
allow the fields to be set.

TIA,

Scott