[pygtk] GdkImlib

Eric Gillespie, Jr. epg@pobox.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 19:55:55 -0500

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 12:21:51AM +0100,
Paul Clifford <paul@plasma.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> It looks like your version of imlib was compiled without
> built-in xpm support and tried to fall back on ImageMagick to
> convert the xpm file

No, i found out what it was. There are two problems, though i
don't know what's causing them. I've filed bug reports.
Everything works perfectly in C, so i don't know what's going on.

The first problem is that for some reason Imlib doesn't think it
knows how to load PNGs any images when accessed from Python.
Because of this, it tries to use convert from ImageMagick.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have the correct path to conver (it's
using /convert).

That is the problem with the Helix packages. The normal Debian
packages only have the first problem. They successfully load
images with convert, but transparency doesn't work. Imlib loads
the images without convert when accessed from a C program.

--=20
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
 necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
 going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as
 they fly overhead."
 --RFC 1925

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu

--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu--