[pygtk] Best way to sort GtkCList?

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:03:12 -0400

I have a GtkCList which may contain several thousand (sorted) records when
initialized, which is more efficient: To insert the entire set of records
and then run GtkClist.sort(), or to call GtkCList.set_auto_sort() before
adding any records and allow them to be sorted one by one. The GtkCList I
am working on now actually gets the data pre-sorted, but I figured that
that may not always be the case in the future, so I would ask the question
now so I have the answer when I need it.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware