[pygtk] problem appending data to Clist using libglade

James Henstridge james@daa.com.au
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:37:01 +0800 (WST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Hugo Varotto wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> while writing a small program in Python using GTK and libglade, I found
> a strange behaviour with CLists created with libglade. If I try to
> append data to a clist, no matter what string I put in the "append"
> instruction, the clist only shows up the first lettter of the string.
> I'm very puzzled at this, and I'm no sure if I should initialize
> beforehand the width of the clist column or whatever.
>
> I've attached a very small Python program that will load a very small
> .glade XML file and attemt to add ( append ) some data to it. In my
> machine at least it shows only the first letter 9 for all the rows ).
> I'm also attaching the .glade file ( hope I'm not breaking any mailing
> list rule by attaching these text files ). I'll apreciate if somebody
> could take a look at them to see what's wrong.
>
> Now the usual stuff: I'm running RedHat 6.2, python is 1.5 and the
> versions of PyGTK is 0.6.6, pygnome is 1.0.53 and libglade is 0.14
> ( I believe the latest ones distributed by Helixcode GNOME ).
>
> I'm fairly new to the Python and libglade world ( 3 days ago I haven't
> even tried to start python neither using libglade ), so it might be very
> possible that I'm doing something very wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance,

The append method takes a sequence of strings as its argument.  So, pass
in ['blah'] rather than 'blah'.  'blah' looks like a sequence of one
character strings (it is equivalent to ['b', 'l', 'a', 'h']).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/