[pygtk] gpointer data on callback

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:12:49 -0400

What if Python switched to gc instead of ref counting?

I have heard of a good gc freely available for C/C++ written by Hans Boehm.
>From what I've read it works about as good as the malloc/free implementations, but
without the developer's headaches with memory leaks.

The intire interpreter, not just the python code, could use the collector to
make memory management easier.  Then you wouldn't have these problems with the
callbacks and the ref count.

-D