[pygtk] Problem building PyGtk with new Python-2.3 on Win32.

Cedric Gustin cedric.gustin at swing.be
Mon Aug 11 15:47:01 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 15:27, Alif Wahid wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just been trying to build the latest CVS version of PyGtk on my Windows
> XP box to run with Python-2.3 and the Mingw32 GCC compiler, but sadly I
> couldn't do it due to a problem! I can compile all the files properly using
> the setup.py script but when I try to install or build a windows binary
> installer it complains.

I got the same problem. The only solution I found was to edit
distutils/command/bdist_wininst.py, and in the 'initialize_options'
method I changed the value of self.skip_build to 1. For some strange
reason, using the skip_build command line option of setup.py
bdist_wininst does not work.

Hope it helps

Cedric