[pygtk] popt question

Alex Roitman shura at alex.neuro.umn.edu
Tue Jun 15 10:45:11 WST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to work out the example from popt.py and few things are
not clear.

Specifically, I can't seem to correctly parse something like this:

   ./myprog -i file1 -f format1 -i file2 -f format2 -o file3 -f format3

When the second "-i" (or -f, or -o) flags are supplied, they are being ignored.

At the same time, there's this mysterious "flags" field in the table
of arguments. I have a suspicion that this has to do with processing
multiple options. The gnome popt reference mentions parsing options in
a loop, but I can't seem to draw parallels between that API and
the popt.py example.

Could anybody please point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://ebner.neuroscience.umn.edu/people/alex.html
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building