[pygtk] PyGTK2.3.97 + win + thread freeze

Ruslan Spivak rspivak at indesko.com
Mon Oct 4 04:24:03 WST 2004

В Вск, 03.10.2004, в 23:01, Cedric Gustin пишет:
> Ruslan Spivak wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have custom GObject with property and custom signal:
>
> [line of code]
>

> > Can anybody tell something about this issue?
> > All thread initialization stuff is done, i found in mailing list advice
> > to add timer, but that doesn't help...
>
> Seems to be working here with pygtk-2.3.97
> (http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/pygtk-2.3.97.win32-py2.3.exe)
> on winXP SP2.
Yes, i use this installer.

The point is, that thread code works fine(no freezing) if i remove
following lines in 'run' method:

gtk.threads_enter()
# !!! Here win32 freezes !!!
UPDATE_EVT().set_property('status', 1)
gtk.threads_leave()

so my problem seems to be with calling GObject methods(set_property in
this case) in thread under win32(on linux all works fine)

> Cedric
>
> P.S. : when sending code, please provide a fully working script (the
> examine function in particular)
Ok for the future, but in my case examine(url) method could be simply
skipped because problem is somewhere in GObject ineraction.