[pygtk] initialize a combo list

Thomas Mills Hinkle Thomas_Hinkle at alumni.brown.edu
Wed Oct 6 05:12:21 WST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:12:37 -0700 "David M. Cook" <dave at davidcook.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 06:22:30AM -0400, Thomas Mills Hinkle wrote:
>
> > Will the refiltering really happen automatically if I just make the
> > function call Entry.get_text() directly? (if so, when does this
> > happen? If not, I still need to connect the refilter() call to some
> > event)
>
> Ah, I remember now that I had to call model.row_changed to get my
> filter to refilter (each row has a visible attribute that can change).
>  In your case
> you might want to connect to the changed signal on the entries and
> refilter in your callback.

Okay -- that's what I'd thought. So we return to the problem,
unfortunately. In my case, connecting to the 'changed' signal is too
expensive -- it makes response visibly sluggish while the user types.
So, currently, I'll keep connecting to the focus-out signal on the Entry
widgets... none of this explains why the ComboBoxEntry and ComboBox
don't provide signals for the popup event... oh well.

> Dave Cook
Thanks for your help,
Tom