[pygtk] The Great Master Plan for Python Bindings

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Tue Oct 19 19:42:39 WST 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 10:34:58AM -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Let me ask this instead: instead of asking why split them up, let me ask
> what the advantages are to having one uber-package?

Adding to what Xavier indicated, I'd say the main reason is keeping
things conceptually simple: our small team finds a smaller number of
packages is easier to release, file bugs, triage, do minor qa on,
evolve.

Is it interesting that the only people suggesting keeping the number of
packages small the people that have actually put work into releasing and
maintaining them? <wink>

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331