[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: Gazpacho 0.6.0

Johan Dahlin johan at gnome.org
Mon Aug 15 05:17:13 WST 2005

> I just saw the -0.6.1 and tried it.  It too has the setup.py lack of execute,
> but does include the glade files.  setting the permission and running setup.py
> manually worked.  Now to get the ebuild to change the permissons before running
> setup.py

It's just a coincidence that chmod +x setup.py; setup.py works.
You should not rely of the permission bit being set, instead call python
setup.py with the correct python version.
This is what all other distributions are doing since you don't want to
depend on the python version set in setup.py.

Johan