[pygtk] Verifying Entry inputs

Christian Reis kiko at async.com.br
Sat Feb 26 19:53:05 WST 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:24:23PM +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> >It would be great having a "repository" for this pygtk friendly widgets
> >if they are general enough...
>
>   I was hoping kiwi2 could be such repository... ;-)

It will be -- we're still crawling towards where we want to be, but once
the basic infrastructure is laid out we will be adding these bits
quickly.

>   Also missing, and related to this, is gtk forms.  A gtk.Dialog
> subclass that emits a signal to ask for validation, and another signal
> to indicate 'apply these values'.  The 'validate' signal handler could
> check all widgets in the dialog to see if they have valid values and
> return a boolean.  The 'apply' signal would let the user add handler
> that fetches values from the form widgets and applies them to the
> application.  The dialog could also track the modified state of the
> widgets to make the apply button sensitive only when there are changes.
> Also, a simple method would be nice to tell the dialog whether to have
> apply/cancel/ok buttons (explicit apply), or only close (instant apply),
> without bothering the programmer with more details.
>   </dreaming>

We have this implemented as part of Kiwi and a bit of Stoqlib, which
were GTK+1.2-based. Part of the work now is to move these bits to
GTK+2.x and make them annoy Lorenzo less (there is a world of evil in
Kiwi, and not all of it is really necessary in the 2.x realm).

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331