[pygtk] Question concerning best practice

Oliver Andrich oliver.andrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:33:55 WST 2005

Hi,

many thanks first of all for sharing your experience with me. The same
goes to Dave.

2005/6/8, Chris Lambacher <lambacck at gmail.com>:
> For instance.  I use straight PyGTK to create my top level window.  I
> use UIManager to create my toolbars and menus.  I use glade to
> generate the main contents of the window.  I have one instance were I
> use separate boxes from a glade file (each in its own window that is
> never used) and put them manually into a notebook.

But here I have to ask again. :) Well, this sounds reasonable to me
and as a good option for my problem too, cause it is really funny to
create GUIs using glade. So, you basically do the same as PyGTK FAQ
22.11 [1] describes it? I tried it, and it worked quite good for me,
but just want to check, if we talk about the same.

Best regards,
Oliver

[1]: http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq22.011.htp