[pygtk] GdkPixdata in PyGTK?

César Leonardo Blum Silveira cesarbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:11:42 WST 2005

Hello all,

I think this is my first post to the list, but I've been reading it
for a while now.
When using GTK in C, there is a data type called GdkPixdata. It's a
structure that contains information about an image, like width and
height, and also a buffer with lots of rgb values.
I couldn't find anything similar in PyGTK, however. Basicly, what I
want to know is if there is a way to store lots of rgb values and x
and y coordinates on some kind of structure and then convert it into a
GdkPixbuf and then display it.

I'll use that to visualize the results of another program, that
outputs a file like the following:

X Y R G B
X Y R G B
.
.
.

So, I need to take those x and y coordinates and put the rgb values in
the correct place. In C I did that uising memcpy to the correct memory
possition, but how could I do that in python?

Thanks a lot

--

César Leonardo Blum Silveira
Undergrad Student - Computer Science - Unisinos