[pygtk] whats a good idea for an indicator?

Thomas Mills Hinkle tmhinkle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:38:56 WST 2005

On 10/5/05, nephish <nephish at xit.net> wrote:

> what would be a good solution for an indicator ?
> i need something that will alert me when something in our equipment fails.
> like a red square that can change to green, or something that looks like
> a warning light

I've used the warning icon from dialog's for a similar purpose
(actually, I've used it to flash a warning about invalid input -- I
got the idea from this list -- a quick archive search will reveal the
source I'm sure!).

image = gtk.Image()
image.set_from_icon_name(gtk.STOCK_DIALOG_WARNING,gtk.ICON_SIZE_MENU)

You can of course set the image to whatever size you need.

This will give you something that goes with the current theme. You
could also use the STOCK_DIALOG_ERROR icon.

Tom