[pygtk] obsolete Win32 binaries

Ivan, Wong Yat Cheung email at ivanwong.info
Sun Oct 9 13:51:31 WST 2005

Hi,

Cedric Gustin wrote:
> For pygtk 2.8, well it builds fine on win32. As there is still no
> gladewin32 installer available for GTK+ 2.8.
I am still not sure about this. IIRC, the last time Tor said that 2.8
doesn't -fully- work on win32. I may be wrong or out-updated. Please do
tell me if you think I should start a new branch for GDE/GRE 2.8. As the
guy who's responsible for packaging Gnumeric/Win32, I will keep updating
these unofficial packages of Gtk+/Win32 (GDE/GRE) for my convenience, no
worry.

BTW, I think every programmer who use GNU stuff on win32 suffers from
the fact that no solid packaging system exists on this platform. A year
ago I tried to port dpkg and its friends to win32 with a little success.
No, dpkg.exe (.exe? yes, it can be compiled) is not working yet, though
dpkg-deb.exe dpkg-split.exe do (even with wine!). I still want to carry
on, but I have less time than before. Is there anybody who is interested
in joining this project? Please let me know and probably I will start a
project on SF.

Cheers,
--
Ivan, Wong Yat Cheung  <email at ivanwong.info>
GPG: 1024D/7775FDBB: CE88 DBE0 5AF3 D4AC 91F5  6C0E 2C84 B2AD 7775 FDBB