[pygtk] gtk threading tutorial.

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Thu Oct 27 20:38:24 WST 2005

Qui, 2005-10-27 às 14:06 +0200, Antoon Pardon escreveu:
> I have written a small gtk threading tutorial with a number
> of demo's and an (IMO) helpfull module. I don't fancy
> myself to be a good writer, but I thought the demo's
> would make up for that. Let me know what you think.
>
> http://www.pardon-sleeuwaegen.be/antoon/python/page0.html

  This is a great tutorial.  Nice work!

  However, there is one detail should not be neglected.  People more
knowledgeable than I regarding gtk/pygtk in win32 tell me that in win32
only the "main thread" can ever do GUI stuff.  Even if you acquire the
gdk lock from a non-main thread, in win32 you'll still get problems.
So, the only real solution for portable programming is to use the
idle_add technique.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro