[pygtk] gtk threading tutorial.

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Thu Oct 27 22:47:41 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-27-10 at 14:06 +0200, Antoon Pardon wrote:
> I have written a small gtk threading tutorial with a number
> of demo's and an (IMO) helpfull module. I don't fancy
> myself to be a good writer, but I thought the demo's
> would make up for that. Let me know what you think.
>
> http://www.pardon-sleeuwaegen.be/antoon/python/page0.html

That is a nice tutorial.  I have not had a chance to study it in detail,
but from looking at your iotube.py and idletube.py scripts I think they
might be more complex than needed. I will study it more later.  Attached
is the dispatcher.py script that another developer on our project came
up with and I tweaked a little and has been working very good for us.

The dispatcher instance can be based from any thread and allows a
queue'd set of data arguments to be passed back to it without collision.
It is also very generic and most any python data types can be passed
thru it.

--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>