[pygtk] Interactive PyGTK shell that works on win32 as well

Felix Rabe (public) public at felixrabe.textdriven.com
Sat Aug 5 02:39:40 WST 2006

Hi,

I've started work on a kind of "programmable user interface framework".
  It allows me to make (PyGTK) programs that are modifyable during
runtime to do stuff like keeping a window on top (which isn't supported
on win32 by default, but GTK can do it anyway -
"window.set_keep_above(True)").

I just remembered that the PyGTK Tutorial provides (as tools and
examples) pygtkconsole.py and gpython.py.  For the tutorial, the
download of the existing scripts is easier since they are single files,
but they don't work on win32, which my "PyGTK Shell" does:

http://felixrabe.textdriven.com/pygtk-shell-2006-08-03-pygtk-list.tar.gz

Please try it out, it's kind of a usable pre-release.  There is a small
README.txt included, read it for basic instructions.

It's partially based on some of James Henstridge's work.

I would love to hear some feedback, whatever that may be. :)

- Felix

(For those that wonder - I tried to send that message from the wrong
address.  I'm glad it didn't work (o; .)