[pygtk] Selecting a treeView row

Peter Morgan pm at daffodil.uk.com
Fri Dec 15 23:52:39 WST 2006

Am going round the houses with this problem (and a pygtk newbie)

I've got the function below load_data() and wish to keep the current col
sort (which works) and the selected row. The number of rows does not change

When I enter the load_data function the iter is there from the first
line. However the last line fails with
 GtkWarning: gtk_list_store_get_path: assertion `iter->stamp ==
GTK_LIST_STORE (tree_model)->stamp' failed

Can anyone shed some light on the problem please..

tia
Pete

    def load_data(self):
        model, iter = self.selection.get_selected()
       ## This lines shows the 2 objects
        print model, iter
        prev_col = self.usersListStore.get_sort_column_id()
        self.usersListStore.clear()
        req = urllib2.Request( self.config['url'] )
        response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
        page_contents = response.read()
        lines = page_contents.splitlines()
        for line in lines:
            self.usersListStore.append(line.split('\t'))
        if prev_col[0] == None:
            colo = 1
        else:
            colo = prev_col[0]
        if prev_col[1] == None:
            dir = gtk.SORT_ASCENDING
        else:
            dir = prev_col[1]
        self.usersListStore.set_sort_column_id(colo,dir)
        self.enable_radio_controls(False)
        if iter:
            ### ERROR GtkWarning: gtk_list_store_get_path: assertion
`iter->stamp == GTK_LIST_STORE (tree_model)->stamp' failed
            self.selection.select_iter(iter)