[pygtk] PyGTK Installer(Was: Pygtk.org website IRC Meeting)

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at synaptia.net
Tue Dec 26 12:04:06 WST 2006

2006/12/25, Peter Morgan <pm at daffodil.uk.com>:

> The issue for me was for the developers wanting to start on pygtk as a
> development platform
>
> That requires
> python2.5
> gtk - the core gtk c+=3D engine
> pygtk
> glade - libglade and the designer
> cairo
> and others.. ?
> and packaging all the above up with NSIS

Done! I've spent the chrismas day doing it.

What I've done is a bundled installer that takes:

* Python 2.5  .msi installer
* Gtk+ 2.10 runtime from gladewin32
* PyGTK, PyCairo and PyGObject from ftp.gnome.org

And performs silent installation where possible.
pygtk, pycairo and pygobject installers are built with distutils,  and it's
impossible to perform silent installs so three fullscreen dialogs are shown
at the lastest phase of the installer.

You can gran the installer and the .nsi script from here:
http://osl.ulpgc.es/~arc/gnome/pygtk-setup.exe
http://osl.ulpgc.es/~arc/gnome/pygtk-setup.nsi

If you would like to play with the script, you need to download all the
installers cited above and rename it according to the following constants
inside the script (or change the constant values):

  !define GTK_RUNTIME_INSTALLER "gtk-runtime.exe"
  !define PYTHON_RUNTIME_INSTALLER "python-2.5.msi"
  !define PYGTK_MODULE_INSTALLER "pygtk-win32-py2.5.exe"
  !define PYCAIRO_MODULE_INSTALLER "pycairo-win32-py2.5.exe"
  !define PYGOBJECT_MODULE_INSTALLER "pygobject-win32-py2.5.exe"

I'd really appreciate any improvement on the nsi script.
If you dive into it, you would find a lot of TODO comments, they show the
most important problems.

Let me know what you think about it, any comments or help is welcome.
-- =

Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz