[pygtk] How to align entries in a table?

Sandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Fri Jan 27 06:43:54 WST 2006

Hi all,

   I'd like to understand how to align entry in a table  so that it will be
   "anchored" to the left. I can't find a way, not even using glade. The
   idea is that while creating a mask to input data I'd like each entry to
   be large no more than the allowed chars (I see that that's  possible using
   widht-chars if the container is a table, not if the container is VBox),
   and further I'd like to anchor the entry to the write, while I only get
   it in the center.

        city:  [     large entry       ]
    zip code:  [5chars]

   what I get instead is:

        city:  [     large entry       ]
    zip code:           [5chars]

    Which is the normal way to get this?

    TIA
    sandro
    *:-)

class SampleWindow(gtk.Window):
    def __init__(self):
        gtk.Window.__init__(self)

        self.connect("delete_event", lambda a, b: gtk.main_quit())

        table = gtk.Table()
        self.add(table)

        city = gtk.Label("city: ")
        city.set_alignment(1.0, 0.5)
        ecity = gtk.Entry()

        lzip = gtk.Label("zip code: ")
        lzip.set_alignment(1, 0.5)
        ezip = gtk.Entry()
        ezip.set_property('width-chars',5)

        table.attach(city,0,1,0,1)
        table.attach(ecity,1,2,0,1)
        table.attach(lzip,0,1,1,2)
        table.attach(ezip,1,2,1,2,xoptions=gtk.SHRINK)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)
e-mail: sandro a e-den.it