[pygtk] Re: pygtk.org mockup

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez lgs at sicem.biz
Mon Jul 24 15:07:22 WST 2006

Hi Panos,

I'm the author of the current website design and one of its maintainers.
No need to say that your mockup rocks! :-)

When I wrote the current pygtk website I try use mod_python (or any
other similar approach) to allow more dynamism to the website and I
faced to gnome.org rules for websites and scripting. They are pretty
simple: no scripting allowed :-)

That's why I wrote stp.py[1]. We may not have a lot of dynamism in pygtk
but we try to make the website easy to maintain. Stp.py is used to
pregenerate the website from a set of files.

Having said that I wish you lots of luck in the task of convincing
gnome.org maintainers to bend their policies a little bit. Come one! we
are on the XXI century!!

Keep up the good work

Lorenzo

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/pygtk-web/stp.py?rev=1.2&view=markup