[pygtk] how to report bugs (Was: duplicate gtk.Clipboard causing visit_decref error)

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Tue Jun 6 06:47:47 WST 2006

  Please send bug reports (like this one) to bugzilla.gnome.org.  You're
welcome to send an email to pygtk list _in addition to_ bugzilla, but
bugzilla first, please.  Thanks.

Seg, 2006-06-05 às 11:46 -0700, N. French escreveu:
> I have a little utility that has a couple classes that do this in their
> constructors:
>
> self.clipboard = gtk.Clipboard()
>
> I'm on GTK 2.6 so I'm assuming I can call this with no arguments.  I
> get this error in a deterministic fashion:
>
> python: Modules/gcmodule.c:275: visit_decref: Assertion `gc->gc.gc_refs
> != 0' failed.
>
> If I switch to instead have only one instance of gtk.Clipboard and pass
> it into the classes that need clipboard functionality the problem goes
> away.  Without getting off my butt and looking at how PyGTK works I'm
> going to go out on a limb here and say there is a reference counting
> problem with the clipboard extension.
>
> Here's some details on my system below.  Basically just a stock FC4
> install with GTK 2.6 (we have another machine which is FC3 that
> exhibits the same issue).
>
> Nathan French
>
> Python 2.4.1 (#1, May 16 2005, 15:19:29)
> [GCC 4.0.0 20050512 (Red Hat 4.0.0-5)] on linux2
>
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep gtk
> usermode-gtk-1.80-1
> gtkhtml2-2.6.3-1
> gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.10.0-2.1
> gtk+-1.2.10-39
> pygtk2-devel-2.6.0-2
> pygtk2-libglade-2.6.0-2
> gtk2-engines-2.6.3-2
> gtkhtml3-3.6.2-1
> gtksourceview-1.2.0-1
> gtk2-devel-2.6.7-4
> gtk-doc-1.3-2
> gtk2-2.6.7-4
> pygtk2-2.6.0-2
> authconfig-gtk-4.6.12-1
> gtkspell-2.0.7-3
> gtk-engines-0.12-7

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>
The universe is always one step beyond logic