[pygtk] Need help with Tree/List view

Hussein Vastani hvastani at vt.edu
Sat Jun 10 03:31:49 WST 2006

Hello All,

I am currenly using the gtk TreeView to display text (simple and markedup),
pixbufs, dropdown list and editable text in my application.
Not all the columns are editable. Lets say the 1st, 4th and 7th columns are
editable and others (besides the dropdownlist) are not.
Now my question is. How do I indicate to the user which cell in the row is
editable. If he/she has selected a particular row, then there is no clear
indication that the particular cell he/she has clicked on or has navigated to,
can be edited. Is there a way to select/highlight one cell at a time ( like in
a spreadsheet )?? By default it draws a box around the text of the editable
cell  (due to the editable mode) while moving from cell to cell, but this box
is not visible because the row higlight color is dark enough to hide it.
Any suggestions ???

Hussein Vastani