[pygtk] ProgressBar widget click event

Noah Schwartz noah.schwartz1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:21:09 WST 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 12:14, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:
> > > Maybe I am wrong, but the progressbar doesn't support clicking events.
> > > You can create a button (which is a container) and associate a progress
> > > bar as child. This way, when you press the progress bar, you really
> > > press the button, that emits the clicked signal.
> > > You can give no border to the button, making it invisible.
>
> You should add the progress bar to a gtk.EventBox

This worked. Thanks!

Is the behavior of a ProgressBar not being usable to activate a tab in a
Notebook correct? Labels work to this end and inherit from the same object
that ProgressBar's do. I would've assumed that a widget that doesn't support
clicking events would pass those events back up to it's parent. This seems to
be the case for labels.

Noah