[pygtk] display a notification near of the trayicon

Khiraly khiraly123 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 18 23:44:26 WST 2006

Hi!

I want to write an application which can display near of the trayicon a
notification mini-window (no window decoration but more powerful as the
gtk.Tooltips(), ie I need multiple line, bold an italic text to display, and a button)

The idea is writing an application (dictionary), which display the
translation of the current selection (so its enough to select a word in
any application and the translation just showing up in the top of the
display)

Any idea how to achieve this?
Pretty much the same as the Azureus torrent client notification
messages. (just that is in java using swt, and I need python using
pygtk)

Thanks in advance!

Khiraly