[pygtk] easy question :)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Oct 20 22:12:52 WST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 12:23:23 -0700, enache alex wrote:
>The OS I want to write the program for is Linux(Fedora). Thanks.

I don't think there's any "Python way" of doing this.  Instead you'll
have to use Python to modify network settings in /etc and running
command lind tools.  AFAIK this is bound to make your tool very tightly
bound to a specific distribution unless you do some clever abstraction.

On top of this you might also have to deal with desktop settings (GNOME
or KDE), especially regarding proxy settings.

/M