[pygtk] PyGTK 2.10 fails on Win32: can't locate procedure entry point gdk_cairo_set_source_pixmap

Cedric Gustin cedric.gustin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:55:58 WST 2006

On 10/23/06, Robin Munn <robin.munn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/22/06, Cedric Gustin <cedric.gustin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > With GTK+ 2.8 you should install pygtk-2.8 and pycairo-1.0 (no need for
> > pygobject). My pygtk 2.10 binaries require a GTK+ 2.10 which is not yet
> > available from gladewin32.
>
> Got it. Thanks for the reply: I'd about figured that was the case, but
> it's nice to know for certain.
>
> The reason I asked, incidentally, is because in about three weeks I'll
> be helping teach an "Applied Python" class, for people who know Python
> but may not yet know about various useful libraries that aren't in the
> Python standard library -- like ElementTree (before 2.5, anyway),
> SQLAlchemy, and PyGTK. If I can get a working PyGTK 2.10 on Windows by
> then, I'll use it, otherwise I'll focus on PyGTK 2.8. (I doubt an
> introduction to PyGTK, like the one I'm giving, will need to touch on
> any of the new widgets introduced in 2.10 anyway, so it's probably not
> going to make much difference either way).

If you an to use the pygtk 2.10 binaries, you'll have to download GTK+
2.10. As far as I know, there are currently two sources for GTK+ 2.10
win32 binaries:

The official GTK+ ftp site : ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.10/win32
Cody Russell's site : http://www.gnome.org/~bratsche/win32/

I built my own cairo-1.2 binaries but you can probably find those
files elsewhere by googling around.

Ivan Wong did promise me an updated gladewin32 installer for GTK+ 2.10
a few weeks ago but unfortunately nothing has been uploaded on the
gladewin32 site yet...

Cedric