[pygtk] PyGame surface in a PyGTK app?

Mark Mruss selsine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 07:35:27 WST 2006

Hi everyone,

I sent this message to the PyGame mailing list and have not yet
received a response, so I decided that I would try to mine the PyGTK
mailing list for some ideas.

I've been fooling around with the idea of displaying a pyGame "screen"
in a PyGTK window as a way to make a simple tile editor.

So far I have not had much luck, the closest I've gotten is this
sample code here: http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/devel/gtksdl.py

Does anyone know if this is the right approach?  Or if there is a
better way?  Or if it's even possible?

I've been playing around with the code and I can get it to "sort of"
work, but I don't want to pour hours into this if it's basically a
non-starter.

Hopefully someone has some ideas regarding this.

Thanks!

mark.