[pygtk] ORBit and python

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Sep 26 18:01:58 WST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:03:10 +1000, Russell Strong wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been pulling my hair out the last couple of days trying to get a
>simple python/ORBit example working.
>
>The server code ( see below ) show the following error Traceback (most
>recent call last):
> File "server", line 14, in increment
>   self.count += 1
>AttributeError: 'Counter' object has no attribute 'count'
>
>Adding a line print dir(self) to increment shows there really is no
>count.  Huh???
>
>The client ( see below ) shows:
>Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "client", line 13, in ?
>   counter.increment()
>CORBA.UNKNOWN
>
>HELP !!!

I copy-pasted your code into three files here and noticed the same
behaviour.  I then went to the PyORBit doc I keep around [1] and tried
the Account example.  I got that to work by moving the "import CORBA" to
after the call to "ORBit.load_file".  So there shouldn't be something
inherently preventing you from using attributes.

I realise this isn't really a solution to your problem, but maybe it can
offer some hint on how to get it working...

/M

PS I keep on getting the following warning:

 cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead

Is that well-known?  Should I raise a bug on it?

[1]: http://therning.org/magnus/computer/pyorbit/

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"Oh no, not again."

-- A bowl of petunias on it's way to certain death.