[pygtk] ORBit and python

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Sep 26 23:43:09 WST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 11:24:44 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>On Ter, 2006-09-26 at 11:01 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I copy-pasted your code into three files here and noticed the same
>> behaviour.  I then went to the PyORBit doc I keep around [1] and tried
>> the Account example.  I got that to work by moving the "import CORBA" to
>> after the call to "ORBit.load_file".  So there shouldn't be something
>> inherently preventing you from using attributes.
>
>  You should always import ORBit before CORBA is imported for the first
>time.  The reason is that "import CORBA" first just imports whatever the
>default ORB in your system is.. could be omniorb or something like that.
>If you import ORBit first, pyorbit then provides its own replacement
>CORBA module.

Hmmm, interesting.  The code in the examples used to work, but not any
longer.  I suppose that's an improvement then :-)

/M

magnus at therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning at gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"The fronting for the eighty-yard long marble-topped bar had been made
by stitching together nearly twenty thousand Antarean Mosaic Lizard
skins, despite the fact that the twenty thousand lizards concerned had
needed them to keep their insides in."

-- The Book decribing Milliways' politically incorrect decor.