[pygtk] french translation of pyGTK tutorials...

Rafael Villar Burke pachi at rvburke.com
Thu Jun 28 18:54:08 WST 2007

Pascal Duchatelle wrote:
> Le Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:58:20 +0200,
> Rafael Villar Burke <pachi at rvburke.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello Rafael,
>

> I don't. I just feel weird since I didn't know there was someone doing
> it somewhere. My idea was to "give" it to you guys who manages the
> pygtk project and try this way to make it easier for french people to
> come to it and use it. I'll get work done and see along the way how
> things go.

There's no french translation of the tutorial, but there's some
documentation (articles mainly) talking about pygtk. I've used it myself
to translate some programs and try to use common translations. IMHO,
it's good to have a look at how others have translated some terms, as
that's one of the toughest parts of doing the job.
>> if you just take it easy and go step
>> by step, you'll find that you've finished it sooner that you
>> thought :). Also, feel free to send
>>
> where and how ?

you could either send me a mail to me directly (see the message on the
list for the address) or, maybe better, use the gnome bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org) and send a mail to the pygtk list so the
translations don't get unnoticed. You can attach to a bug the translated
files as you go, but, in my experience, you'll want to go back sometimes
to change the way you have translated some expressions, so you can wait
till you have a reasonable amount of the tutorial translated, or later
add patches to the already commited files.
So... it's better if you add the translated files or patches to a bug
(have a look to svn diff for a way to generate patches).

Regards,

Rafael Villar Burke