[pygtk] Thumbnails (from nautilus?) for pygtk (also gnomecanvas Q)

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Sat Jun 30 04:22:17 WST 2007

Hi there,

I'm building an application which, as one of its features, lets the user
select a video by clicking on its icon. I'd like the icon for the video
to be populated by its thumbnail. My preference would be to simply use
nautilus's thumbnail component.

Is this possible?

Also, I've heard that gnomecanvas may be replaced in the future. I've
been using its python bindings so far, and it's working for me, but I'm
wondering if I should consider switching to another canvas (such as
hippocanvas or something else) for my graphics.

Is there a consensus opinion on the whether or not to use of gnomecanvas
in new applications?

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/