[pygtk] Glade + Gtk question...

cucap tuffgongbob at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:58:29 WST 2007

Hello everyone, I'm new to DaniWeb and a sort of beginner at Python. I've
created a GUI in Python using Glade and GTK and I have two questions. I'm
having trouble with comboboxes. Particularly with entering data into a combo
box from Python. I've tried the following....

myCombo = self.wTree.get_widget('comboboxentry')
myCombo.append_text('blah blah blah')

to no avail... apparently you have to first do gtk.combo_box_new_text()
before you can append text. Is this possible when using Glade to construct
my GUI?

My second question is this.. How do I create a ListBox using Glade or GTK. I
would like eventually to be able to grab text from a line via mouse click.
For example, a list of files appear in a text area and the user would be
able to double click on the file and be able to delete it etc... Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.