[pygtk] Window waits to complete code brfore show

Miki daily.cron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:50:03 WST 2007

Hi again,
I used your solutions but it doesn't solve my issue completely.
I wrote a program like a wizard, I'm running the first window and all ok,
then I have a "Next" button, that hide the first window and running a
function that create the next window.
The function is creating the all widget (image, labels, buttonbox and
progressbar), the I issue window.show_all() and then I'm using another
python commands (to call the ping function), in this function I added this:

while gtk.events_pending():
     gtk.main_iteration()

and I also try to add this pending before calling the "PING" function but
got the same result.

The result is I'm getting the window with no widgets (buttons, image,
labels) only a white window with the progressbar shadow in gray, when the
"PING" function ends the widgets is shown.

I try this with the time.sleep(5) function and got the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miki