[pygtk] Rounded Windows

Alec Hussey alec.hussey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:54:07 WST 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 13:34 -0600, Seltzer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was wondering if any one knows of a tutorial/example set of how to
> use PyGtk in conjunction with Cairo to
> create rounded/transparent windows.
>
> Using Cairo isn't that important, any well documented way of doing
> this would be fine.
>
> I have already been to Cairo's home page, but most/all of the examples
> are about drawing inside a window,
> and not about manipulating the window shape etc.
>
> -felix
I do believe that what you are asking for is entirely controlled by the
window manager and not by the GUI toolkit (in this case PyGTK). Your
going to probably need to us the compiz libraries or something similar
for compositing and or make a theme for Metacity/KWin/Emerald to have
rounded borders. You can't control that stuff from GTK, as far as I
know.
--
Alec Hussey