[pygtk] Installing GTK+

Gian Mario Tagliaretti gianmt at gnome.org
Thu Jan 10 19:35:24 WST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 5:11 AM, Kevin Goodspeed <circuitsman a gmail.com> wrote:

> The link to download GTK+
> as given by the Symbide installation instructions leads me to
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html.  However, the

These are the "official" builds of gtk+ for win32

> installation instructions given for PyGTK says to download the GTK+
> 2.0 Developer runtime from
> http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14.

That's right, Pygtk for win32 has been compiled against gladewin32
packages, so you should download the latter.

> Do I need to install the developer runtime if I've installed GTK+ from
> www.gimp.org?

no, you should use only one of the two runtimes, you don't need the
devel package if you don't need to compile things by yourself.

> And vice versa, if I need to and install the developer runtime do I
> still need to download files from www.gimp.org?

see above

> Also, what files do I need to install PyGTK, PyCairo, and PyGObject?
> This list provided on your downloads page is a little confusing.

That's right, PyGObject, PyCairo and PyGtk.

cheers
--
Gian Mario Tagliaretti