[pygtk] gtk.MessageDialog doesn't work on windows

Timo timovwb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:30:53 WST 2008

I have the following piece of code in my program:

def errorDlg(string):
    s = "An error occured during this operation!"
    errordlg = gtk.MessageDialog(type=gtk.MESSAGE_ERROR,
message_format=s, buttons=gtk.BUTTONS_OK)
    errordlg.format_secondary_text(string)
    errordlg.run()
    errordlg.destroy()

So I call errorDlg() when there is an error. On Linux this works
perfectly, but on windows the program just hangs. This is the first time
I try to program under windows, so maybe it's obvious, and everything
else seems to work.

Greets,
Timo