[pygtk] Cairo and Fonts

Jeffrey Drake jeffd at techsociety.ca
Fri Sep 26 13:35:51 WST 2008

I would like to have a font to render some text, but able to do it from
platform to platform. The platforms involved right now would be Windows
and Linux, but with news of a gtk for osx, it may be extended to that.

Is there a font that I can guarantee looks the same across all
platforms, or could I actually distribute a font with the application to
be loaded by cairo (outside of normal operating system fonts)?

Another thing I am rather unaware of, is how to do it all with
pygtk/cairo. Is there a decent example around that would help in this
task?

- Jeff.