[pygtk] How can I tell when a window is a tooltip window?

Geoff Bache geoff.bache at jeppesen.com
Fri Dec 4 18:16:05 WST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to iterate over all the toplevel windows using
gtk.window_list_toplevels() and I'd like a good way to ignore tooltip
windows.

I've tried and failed to find a good way to ask a window whether it's a
tooltip window. It looked like
gtk.Window.tooltips_get_info_from_tip_window was what I needed but that
returns None all the time, I suppose because it works with old (pre
2.12) tooltips. There didn't seem to be an equivalent for the newer API.

I tried from the other end as well using gtk.Widget.get_tooltip_window
on all my widgets and storing them (which is a hack anyway),  but even
that didn't work as it appears to return None pretty much all the time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Geoff Bache