[pygtk] hungry TreeStore... SOLVED (was GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge)

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Fri Feb 13 08:43:58 WST 2009


Hi, 





On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:40:31PM +0100, Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> Hi, since yesterday, on my linux Ubuntu 8.0.4 I'm experimenting very strange
> things that I don't see on other machines. TreeStore  'append' method is
> taking a huge amount of time as shown by this 'prun' inside ipython:
> 
>    ncalls  tottime  percall  cumtime  percall filename:lineno(function)
>       332    4.644    0.014    4.648    0.014 {method 'append' of 'gtk.TreeStore' objects}
>       495    0.490    0.001    0.490    0.001 {method 'set' of 'gtk.TreeStore' objects}
> 
> 
> the same program on a different machine:
> 
>    ncalls  tottime  percall  cumtime  percall filename:lineno(function)
>       495    0.011    0.000    0.011    0.000 {method 'set' of 'gtk.TreeStore' objects}
>       332    0.004    0.000    0.007    0.000 {method 'append' of 'gtk.TreeStore' objects}
> 
> 
> 
> I'm not at all aware of any changes. I didn't upgrade any tools and I don't
> remember to have installed anything in the last 2 days.
> 
> One more strangeness is that I'm having these messages:
>  Warning: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.16.4/gobject/gsignal.c:2271: signal name
>  `selection_changed' is invalid for instance `0x88e2998'
> 
> that I don't receive on other machines and I didn't receive until yesterday.
> 
> doesn that give you any idea wher I could investigate to understand what
> happened?


I solved the problem when answering to Laszlo and Albert (thnaks to both of
you). I realied that the error message (from the second problem) was related
to a directory that is not an Ubuntu nor one of mine  (>  Warning: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.16.4/gobject/gsignal.c:2271: signal name
 `selection_changed' is invalid for instance `0x88e2998')

So I remembered that a week ago I wanted to test gtkparasite. I had to
enable assistive tecnologies. At the end I got an enviromental variable
GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge 

It was sufficient to unset it and everithing is working correctly.

I hope this can help others that may  get into troubles like this...


sandro
*:-)



-- 
Sandro Dentella  *:-)
http://sqlkit.argolinux.org        SQLkit home page - PyGTK/python/sqlalchemy


More information about the pygtk mailing list