[pygtk] Viewing elaborated report pages on pygtk

Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior jose.junior at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 06:21:27 WST 2009

So I am working on a simple risk management app [0] using pygtk and
the fantastic kiwi framework. I got to a point where I MUST show some
data in a report fashion, and I will surely need many more of those.
What path should I take? Understand that I need to make that app run
on linux and windows, so all stuff must be portable or pure python:

- Create PDFs using geraldo [1]
- Create the reports using HTML/CSS and pisa [2] to generate PDFs

Both options work ok to CREATE the PDFs, te problem is how to show it
inside a window/view using pyGTK. I tried to research poppler to show
PDFs but apparently it does not have ports to Win32. The same thing
with WebKit [3] (that I could use to show the HTML reports), no
apparent download avaiable for webkit-gtk on Win32.

So, I am open to suggestions. How to show that stuff on pygty? I
tought about converting the PDF to something that I can put on a
PixBuff, but apparently PIL can't do that. I am lost :P

[0] http://github.com/coredump/crisk/tree/master
[1] http://geraldo.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pisa/
[3] http://code.google.com/p/pywebkitgtk/

--
José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior (coredump)
MCSO, GRC Professional