[pygtk] Restore a scrolling position

Walter Leibbrandt walter at translate.org.za
Thu Feb 19 21:23:15 WST 2009

Hi,

If you are changing the store, I would suggest a different approach:

This would require you to have some way to identify any given row
uniquely (unless the first "matching" row is acceptable) and also to
"remember" the selected row before performing your update. Then you can
use gtk.TreeView.scroll_to_cell() to scroll back to the remembered row.
Using scroll_to_cell(path, column, True, 0.5, 0.5) you can get the
remembered row nice and centered (if possible). See the docs () for more
details on the parameters:
http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtktreeview.html#method-gtktreeview--scroll-to-cell

HTH

--
Walter Leibbrandt                  http://translate.org.za/blogs/walter
Software Developer                                  +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blogs:
* Virtaal's MVCisation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/walter/en/content/virtaals-mvcisation
* Things that changed the way I code