[pygtk] pygtk installs on mac os/x but does not work

Davide Lazzati dlazzati at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:45:08 WST 2009

Hi, I've been trying to install pygtk on a mac running Leopard 10.5.
I installed atk, gtk2, pango, and cairo from macports. Then I
installed pygobject-2.16.0, pycairo-1.8.2, and pygtk-2.12.1 from the
sources.

All the installations seemed smooth.

However, when I open python and try to import it, it tells me there is
no module called pygtk.

>> import pygtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pygtk

Am I missing something? When I installed numpy exactely in the same
way it worked right away...
Any help appreciated.

Davide

The last part of the ./configure command for pygtk reads:

The following modules will be built:

atk
pango
pangocairo
gtk with 2.12 API
gtk.unixprint

The following modules will NOT be built:

gtk.glade