[pygtk] Win32 binaries for pygtk 2.14.0

Bogdan Harjoc harjoc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:23:59 WST 2009

Thanks for the update! It's good to know these are still maintained.

Still, I'll push my luck and say that the current pygtk version is 2.14,
while
the win32 binaries are for 2.12. Is the 2.14 version known not to compile
on windows ?

I took a deep breath this weekend and tried building the 2.14 version on
a cross gcc 3.4.5 and 4.3.3. The result was that I didn't even manage to
get past compiling glib (it complained about missing symbols during
linking of some binaries in tests/).

I'll say again that a list of versions for
iconv,gettext,glib,gobject,cairo,pygtk
and any other source packages involved, plus versions for gcc and perhaps
some hints on what problems to expect would be golden here ... these
packages
are clearly (to me) not meant to be compiled by unsuspecting users.

Thanks,
Bogdan