[pygtk] ImportError: DLL load failed
martin.walser at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 04:32:22 WST 2009
I just upgraded from Python 2.5 to Python 2.6 on my Windows machine.
But. unfortunately I can't get PyGTK to run anymore.
What I did:
1. Built Python 2.6 myself. I also did the necessary registry entries, so
setup of pygtk etc. finds the Py dir
2. gtk-dev-2.12.9-win32-2.exe . installed to: c:\libs\GTK installiert
3. pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6.exe . installed in new python dir
4. pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6.exe . installed in new python dir
5. pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6.exe . installed in new python dir
But when I try to run my application, Python gives me:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python Projects\RueLaSchraat\Eclipse
Workspace\test\src\root\nested\main.py", line 6, in <module>
line 38, in <module>
import gobject as _gobject
line 30, in <module>
from gobject.constants import *
22, in <module>
from _gobject import type_from_name
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Wondering which DLL is missing I checked the _gobject with dependency
Looks like MSVCR90.dll is missing.
I didn't wonder much, as I'm still using VS 2005.
But installing the VS2008 and VS2008+SP1 redists didn't help.
Copying either of the dlls of the VS2008 redist package aside the
_gobject.pyd result in a crash only: wrong dll.
Am I on the completely wrong trip anyway seeking the problem with a missing
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pygtk