[pygtk] ImportError: DLL load failed

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Tue Feb 24 05:26:21 WST 2009

Martin Walser wrote:

> As I wrote, I compiled Python myself (needed a debug version) and put the
> necessary entries manually in the registry.

Sorry, I missed that.  Then you probably need to compile and install the
debug version of pygtk; I don't think mixing a debug python build with
non-debug extension modules works.  Or at least I wouldn't try it and I
know more than a little about the internals of python on Windows.

As for how to do it, someone else may be better able to answer that as
the binaries I use are quite dated at this point.

Thanks,

John