[pygtk] GTK Text Views (was previously Several pygtk issues)

Neil Munro neilmunro at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 02:58:47 WST 2009

I've been working on the project I previously mentioned on this mailing list
for some time now and solved a lot of my own issues that needed to be solved
however the gtk text view continues to elude me I have read the following
tutorials and check the pygtk documentation but have not gotten very far.

http://docs.huihoo.com/pygtk/2.0-tutorial/sec-TextViews.html
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6586: This I can make the example work,
but not implement the principles in a similar manner in my program.

What I am trying to achieve is read in any number of URL's from a
preferences file, additionally I have several os.system calls that I wish to
pipe to another text view would there be much more to capturing mass amounts
of output?

If there's any more information anyone needs with regards to what I am
attempting let me know and I'll try to further explain.I also tried
attaching my project but the system wont allow me to attach it, so again if
more information is required just ask.

Many thanks
Neil Munro