[pygtk] Entry.connect_after('changed', ...) doesn't see updated cursor position

Walter Leibbrandt walter at translate.org.za
Mon Jan 5 17:32:01 WST 2009

Hi everybody,

I hope everyone had a very festive season and that 2009 will be a great
year for everyone! :)

Yang Zhang wrote:
> Well, another problem is that I don't want this to just fire when text
> is being inserted.  I'm building an auto-completion widget, so if
> someone deletes text or in any way changes the contents of the text box,
> I want the list of completions to be updated all the same.

Virtaal, our off-line translation tool, contains a pretty isolated
(code-wise) auto completor
(https://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/translate/src/trunk/virtaal/virtaal/plugins/autocompletor.py).
It is written to not make assumptions about the source of the strings,
but only supports TextViews at the moment. :/

HTH

Walter

--
Walter Leibbrandt                  http://translate.org.za/blogs/walter
Software Developer                                  +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blogs:
* Virtaal's MVCisation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/walter/en/content/virtaals-mvcisation
* Things that changed the way I code